At Nodes, we rely on stunning design and cutting-edge technology, we
never compromise on the methodologies that ensure delivery of
successful, robust, reliable digital solutions and business
transformations. With offices in London, Berlin, Amsterdam, Aarhus,
Prague, Dubai, Dnipro, and Copenhagen, we are one of EMEA’s leading
digital product development agencies and, since 2017, a proud part of
the Monstar Lab Group, extending the family to 26 cities in 15
We are now hiring for a talented Senior Product Designer within our Team, based in Prague. As a senior member of the team, you are leading client engagements and can be a key player to help grow our team.
As a Senior Product Designer, you’ll be critical to every project you are a
part of; able to draw on your breadth of knowledge in design, to
influence and lead many of the project’s design decisions. You’ll also
be mentoring other designers, both in day-to-day project activities and
as part of more formal career development across the Creative team.
What you’ll do every day:
You’ll lead design for product/project. This includes
driving the future vision of the product/project, making sure it
compliments a cohesive overall business experience, and delivering on
incremental steps to help the team head in this direction.
You’ll be embedded in a cross-functional product team.
You’ll be responsible for all design artifacts produced; from initial
discovery and user journey mapping through to the execution of final UI
You’ll deeply understand the customers you’re designing for.
Whether it’s joining user research sessions, learning from previous
insights, reading data reports, or running your own lightweight research
and analysis, you’ll strive to understand the what, why and how of the
problems you’re solving for to ensure we don’t just ship the thing
right, but we ship the right thing.
You’ll collaborate regularly using strong communication, documentation, and facilitation skills.
You’ll work closely with PMs, Engineers, Data Analysts, and Strategists to make sure your team isn’t just shipping great designs, but they are deeply involved throughout the design process.
You’ll execute (and advocate for) polished, intuitive, and accessible user experiences.
You’re pragmatic and able to balance the ideal experience with knowing where and when to make scoping trade-offs based on technical constraints, experimentation strategy or business risk.
You’ll help raise the bar for design at Nodes. We’re a
small but mighty team where every designer plays a critical role in improving our community of practice—whether that’s through improving our craft skills to leading rituals to giving great feedback.
The Creative Team
Our design team is user-centric but tech-driven. As part of the team, you’ll be working on products and services for some of the world’s biggest brands. We are involved from planning through to execution,
becoming an ever-present advocate for the user. We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing products and services that work for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
You’re primarily focused on human-centered design, backed by a broad knowledge of design patterns, iconography, typography, and colour theory.
You create concepts and visualize solutions in response to problems,
ideas, and opportunities that you help extract from users and partners.
You drive your design decisions and rationalize them using research
data, design principles, prototypes and the resulting user-testing
insights. You are most effective in collaborating alongside engineers,
strategists, and other team members to respond to the constraints of any project. You know your tech and are comfortable having discussions with the engineers about technical constraints and possibilities. You understand client servicing, pushing back when needed but with grace and evidence-based.
You should apply if,
- You understand that good design is not about trends but is built on top of principles and tradeoffs. You make well-reasoned design decisions always advocating for the best possible user experience.
- You’re passionate about inclusive design and accessibility, and you’ll design with all our users in mind.
- You care about the UI design details but are also comfortable zooming out, seeing the broader picture, and connecting the dots to create a cohesive overall experience.
- You’re passionate about sharing your knowledge and raising the bar for design practice at Nodes. Previous experience mentoring designers is a big plus.
- You understand that writing is designing, you're a confident writer, and the copy on your screens is never an afterthought.
This isn’t for you if,
- You need a top-down direction. We operate autonomously so you’ll be expected to determine the highest impact areas to work on,
collaborating with your product team and manager to ensure there’s alignment here. The team is always there for support but we are looking for you to lead with confidence.
What we can offer you
At Nodes, our Danish heritage means that we care a great deal about a
good work-life balance and a flat, accessible organizational structure.
We define ourselves as employers in the sense of trust shared amongst co-workers and in constantly and unanimously providing the opportunity for autonomy in individual approaches to work and stakeholder management.
You will work with some of the world’s most talented designers,
developers, and consultants to shape your skillset and become a positive driving force for change in the industry. We believe strongly in coaching, development, and investing in your future.
- An interesting work environment with talented colleagues
- A full-time position with numerous possibilities for growing internally
- Modern office in a central location of Prague with lots of relax zones, meetup space and so on
- Regular team nights out
- Newest Macbook or ThinkPad, Bose headphones, displays, and other hardware
- Fully paid sick days and 4 weeks holiday (in addition to public holidays)
- Lunch as well as snacks, fruit, and a fully loaded beer fridge
- Competitive salary